Tuesday 20 March 2018

Incorporating Texture into SketchUp Model

Texture: Lustrous
I chose this texture to represent Gucci as the brand speaks of luxury, refinement and modern fashion. The lustrous texture couldn't represent the whole building's walls however, as that would be seen as redundant and will lose the luxurious quality if abundantly applied. Therefore, I decided to make the doors to be the key point in the interior design, as Gucci's signatur, perpendicular or patterned elements, are seen throughout the facade of the building.

Texture: Chunky
Chunky is a very suitable word for the revival cycles since their focus is on recycling parts of an applicance to build something new - it's piecing together small things to create a large chunk of something better. Therefore, I used the chunky texture on the wall near the space the client will mostly work at.


Texture: Organic
I wanted something organic within my architecture so that it won't be dismissed as being too rigid. Most of my other materials are either concrete, brick or stone, which gives off the feeling of hardness. Hence, the "middle ground" should be constructed for the viewer to feel less enclosed; especially since this is the exhibition area as well. Therefore, I decided to use the organic texture in this model.

No comments:

Post a Comment